Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tennessee Here We Come!

I have not traveled much in my life. I have always wanted/and loved to travel, but never really had the time or money. Steve has a close friend who lives in Georgia and he is getting married this month. He wants Steve to be part of the weddingn which is fantastic new. We have known for a few months now that Steve would be going to the wedding but I thought there was no way that I would be able to go too. I found out yesterday that things worked out so I can go too. I'm so excited!! We leave on January 29th and return home that Sunday. Its not very long, but hey, we will be leaving Utah. We are going on an ACTUAL vacation. We definetly need it.

This is a picture of where we are going. His friend lives in Georgia but they choosing to get married in a small town in Tennesse called Gatlinburg. Its supposed to be a really romantic town. Even better :) who couldnt use a little romance especially when you dont see your husband much cause of school..

Unfortunately right now, we dont really get away from the snow, its about the same temperature except for the added humidity.



9 comments:

Rachel said...

ok, I'm jealous for these reasons:

1. You went to Body Worlds. David and I were stupid enough to think we could just show up and buy tickets there ..yeah, completely sold out. Silly us. I wanted to go SOOOO badly

2. You are going on a vacation. Life needs vacations. I'm a firm believer in that.

I'm excited for you to get a break! How fun!

Rachel said...

oh, and in answer to your question on my blog, we won't find out if it's boy/girl till probably the 20 week ultrasound, unless I can convince my brother to give me an ultrasound earlier.
I think you can tell the gender in ultrasounds sometimes as early as 14 weeks, but mistakes are made that early. By 18 weeks it's pretty obvious usually. And most dr offices do a routine ultrasound at 20. So...not for a while...

caitlin said...

Wow, fun! I'm super jealous, I love traveling and I have never been there, you should tell me how it goes. Will I see you Monday? Oh and how are your teeth?!

Amber said...

I love vacations! You will have so much fun, even if it's for a couple of days, at least it gets you away from home and you're still together!

The Emery's said...

Take me take me!!! Hehehe... j.k. How fun! It looks like such a cute pretty city you're going to. Have fun girl!

Michelle

The Larsons said...

O How fun!! Lucky you guys!! Have soooo much fun!!

Emily said...

How exciting! Any vacation is a good vacation!

The Nelsons said...

Hey, Katy! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Me and Matt are just getting into this whole thing. Have fun on vacation! I'm way jealous. My absolute favorite thing to do is go somewhere new with Matt and have an adventure.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I hope you find red shoes in time. I had so much fun shopping with you, I can't wait to do it again!