Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Goal

So, I have been trying really hard lately to work out every day. So I did pretty well for the first couple weeks then It slowed down since I have been sick for the past 3 weeks it seems. I feel like I'm almost 100% better so I kicked my butt back in gear and Im proud to say 4 days in a row now that I have worked out. I feel so good about that. I go to the gym at our club house at night. I do cardio for 45 minutes then every other day I am doing weight training. After working out, I go home and jog for 10 minutes. Sometimes with the dogs, other times just alone. I do just 10 minutes just to push myself extra hard one last time for the night. I love jogging when the weather is how it is right now! By jogging just 10 minutes everynight, I have found that I can jog longer and longer each week. So far, I can jog for a straight 10 minutes. I know, I know that doesn't seem like that much, but after doing 45 minutes of cardio and working a long day and being out of shape like me, that's pretty dang good. I hope that I can loose this weight and my goal is to run at least a half marathon someday in the near future. I think that would be so awesome and so rewarding. Let's hope I can keep at it and make it to my goal! Any suggestions or advice or encouragement is welcomed and appreciated! soon I will post a before picture and then an after picture. I will be a whole new person, with the same rockin' personality ;)

9 comments:

caitlin said...

You go girl. Wow, I'm impressed with your dedication! I will be your cheerleader now.. Go Katy Go!

Amber said...

Keep up the good work! You are amazing! Time to go to dinner again!

Melanie said...

Woo hoo! Go Katy Go! Go Katy Go!

The Larsons said...

Wow your AWESOME!! Im proud of you! We need to hang out again soon!

Rachel said...

man, I'm so bad at exercising on a regular basis. Go you. I'm seriously impressed.

The Emery's said...

You're motivating me just hearing you! We should run a 5K together. That would be so fun don't ya think?? Keep it up girl!

Amber said...

I am so happy for you and so proud of you! 2 other girls that I work with are going to run the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon (I think it's in April). You should run it with us!

Just T said...

Katy! I ran the 1/2 marathon up at Bear Lake this summer! Totally awesome! I am planning on running it again next year if I get my rear in gear after this baby pops out! It's in June but I decided that if I'm not ready for that one, there is another down in Southern Utah that I would like to do in September and it has really pretty scenery! Let me know and keep up the good work!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! That is a wonderful goal and you have kept it up longer than I could! I never feel like doing anything when I come home from work!