Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Big Brother!!



It's my brother's birtday today! For those of you who don't know, my brother passed away almost 7 years ago. Still feels like just yesterday though when we got the news. Its his birthday today. Every year I spend this day feeling sad. Sad that I can't be with him to celebrate. This year I have decided instead of being sad. Im going to try to remember all the fun things about him. All our fun memories growing up and have a happy celebration. It will be tough, but I think its time I start trying to be happy for my brother. I am sure that he is happy in Heaven and would not want me to waste his birthday being sad. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!!!! :)

(The smiley was added to show you I am trying the happy thing)

11 comments:

Nielsen Familia said...

Happy birthday to your brother. I had no idea he died, wow, I'm sorry Katy. I'm glad you're trying to have a good attitude, because that would be really hard!

Amber said...

I think trying to be happy is a good thing and helps to relieve some of the hurt in your heart. I hope you have a good day!

caitlin said...

Oh Katy, I love ya. My thoughts are with you.

Sarah said...

Big hug Katy. I am so sorry - this day must be really hard for you. I'm so sorry that I never got to meet Spencer. Someday I'd love to hear more about what an amazing person I'm sure he is if you feel comfortable talking about him. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your day easier. I love you and wish I could take away the hurt...

Just T said...

I remember when that all happened! What a shock to the system! He is probably happy where he is and I think you are doing the right thing being happy and remembering the good times you had with him. You will be with him again.

Amber said...

I remember that day Katy! But I know that he returned to his father in heaven and is looking over you. Happy Birthday to him!

Jenny said...

Katy, I cant believe that it has been almost 7 years. It really does seem like yesterday! Katy, I have to say from experience that the hurt in your heart will never completely go away but if you try to remember the good and fun times it helps a little. You are such a strong woman! Keep smiling! Love ya!

P.S. I will let you know when our little one comes. Tomorrow. ahhhhhh!!!!

{McGinty's} said...

how sad. What a good sister you are to continue to be positive and acknowledge your dear brother.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I think that is what they call godly sorrow! I don't know how you go on, you are a much stronger person than I.

The Emery's said...

Katy I'm so sorry I haven't checked blogs in awhile and I totally missed this post. I can't believe it will be 7 years in Dec. I remember the day he died and the incredible strength you had. You're one amazing girl and helped me so much when my hard time too. Holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries are always hard, but just know he's with you everyday. You're awesome Katy.

Love ya!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your brother and my deepest sympathy to you!