Monday, December 28, 2009

Why I love January!

We are really looking forward to the new year. We see a lot of big changes a head of us, and hope they all work out. I love goal setting. I love writing our goals down. Personal ones and ones we can accomplish together and then working to achieve them! That is why I love January every year. Although it never last long, I am determined to make it last this year and so is Steve.

I think each year I find myself writing down so many goals to accomplish throughout the year and that is why they don't work out.. I am overwhelming myself with some many things to do and I am not able to focus on them all. This year is the year of health. We are vowing to become a healthier couple in a lot of different ways. I am very excited, and know we can do it especially if we work together and support each other. I have decided to start just month by month and not really focus on the big picture. we will make a goal each month Like " I will lose 6lbs in January" and work towards that. We are not going to look at the total we have to lose we are going to take it month by month and see how we do and make the improvements we need from there. We have a healthy eating and work out plan and we are both super excited to make this happen!

I can't wait to see how we learn and how we change and grow together. It will be a fun adventure for us

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

Thats such a good idea!! Plus if you ever want a work out partner just call me! Im trying to work out but its really hard without a partner to go with and motivate you ya know? Well good luck!!

Melanie said...

This last Sunday our Sacrament meeting was all about goals (shocker, I know). Anyway, we had all these teenagers up there telling us about good goal setting, blah blah blah.

I do not set goals for the new year.

However, one of the girls said (and this makes total sense), "Don't set unrealistic goals and don't go overboard." We need to set goals that fit into our lifestyles. If I'm too busy to get my regular stuff done, how on earth am I going to add running 10 miles a day to that? I'm not! But I do have time to run 1 mile a day (well, not right now, but you get the picture).

Setting realistic goals, I think, is the key to those goals lasting through Valentine's Day.

caitlin said...

I'm doing the same thing! Maybe this year instead of doing dinners we can take walks or watch the Biggest Loser.