Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sleep...or lack there of



Yes, here she is! Sleeping Beauty..or should I say Sleep Study Sleeping Beauty. That's right, this is a picture of me last Tuesday at the Sleep Institute of Utah. I have a lot of swelling in my feet and my Dr. wanted to see if maybe im not getting enough oxygen to my body when I sleep. So they checked me for sleep apnea. I really don't understand how they can expect you to sleep when you are hooked up to so many differnt electrobes all over your body. Not to mention there is a micro phone and a camera watching you all night long. I think its an insane and very inaccurate sleep study
I showed up Tuesday night at 8pm. They then have you sign a whole lot of papers and then have you change into your pajamas. The the fun part starts. They take you to your room which they have tried to make look like a normal bedroom as much as possible, but it didnt really work. THey then proceed to hook all these differnt electrobes all over your body. I seriously think that I had at least 30 coming out of my head. It really felt like I had things growing out of my head, it was a gross feeling. Anyways, after they get everything hooked on you, they tell you its time for bed. By this time it was 11pm. Now, normally im a pretty boring person. I love to go to bed early. 9:30 seems late for me so you can imagine how tired I was at 11. But alas, there was not sleeping for the woman. I laid there all night long. You cant turn the tv on, or read or do anything but sleep, or try to sleep. It was horrible. You Have to lay on your back,and try not to move a lot because if you do, you could pull one or more of the electrobes off the many places of your body. 4:30 rolled around and I finally fell asleep..just until they had to wake me up at 5:30am. I then had to be to work the next morning by 7. So by the time they got the stuff off my body I had no time to go home and change, or shower. I showed up to work exhausted, dirty and orneary. It was not the best day of my life.
If any of you ever have or have to go through this, I highly recomend taking something that will put you to sleep all night long..

8 comments:

Amber said...

That looks miserable! I'm sorry you had to go through that! Hope they figured out whatever they needed to figure out so you don't have to do that again!

caitlin said...

Your face in that picture is hysterical! Who took the picture? It looks like you are about to punch them! I'm sorry though, it looks miserable. You are too funny Sleeping Apnea Beauty

Katy said...

haha I took the picture myself. I sent it to Steve saying " goodnight form your GORGEOUS wife haha": just as a joke. Im sure he was scared when he got it.

The Emery's said...

So what were the results? Did they find out anything from that retarded study? I agree... how the heck are you supposed to sleep with things hooked up to you and not being able to move???

Just T said...

What a yucky thing to deal with! I'm sorry! But hey, you look attractive through all of it!

One Happy Family said...

Man that is not fun! Did they find out anything? I cant believe they wont let you watch tv or read that is really lame!!

Anonymous said...

Kylie looked at this picture and said "that's Katie getting her baby out"....I think it's because she has never seen anyone in the hospital except when they have had babies.....anyway it was cute.

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm sorry that you had to go through such a bad experience!