Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Check Up

We had another ultrasound today because our gender ultrasound 4 weeks ago, he was being very stubborn and they couldn't see everything they wanted. I was excited as the pictures we got last time were blurry and we didn't even get one showing what he was. Today we did! Its for sure a boy and we are so excited.

I am feeling him move more and more each day. Especially at night and after the ultrasound today he seemed pretty mad that we bugged him and he is still jumpin around in there. The best thing about today was that not only did I see and feel him move, Steve got to. He has been wanting to feel it for so long and finally he can. Its the best that he can share that with me now.
They said the baby is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead and weighs 2.5 lbs.. usually babies at 25 weeks weigh around 1.3 lbs so he is going to be a big boy.

For the past month my pants are fitting tighter and I just feel like I have gained weight. My Dr told me 4 weeks ago that this next apt. ( today ) would be when she would most likely see me gaining weight. It happens to everyone.. well I was able to prove her wrong. I have not gained a single lb yet. I know its sounds weird to brag about that, but I feel really good about it. My Dr. said straight off that it was OK to not gain weight for me... especially if the baby was growing well. So things are looking very good. I am so blessed to have had such a healthy pregnancy over all.

Oh and we have a name for the little one picked out. A blog will come soon with the name :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

It's such a cool experience when the dad can feel the baby move too! And I can't wait to hear the name!!!!

The Nelsons said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear what the name is!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad that you're having a low key pregnancy.

Can't wait to hear the name!