Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thanks!

Thank you for all your suggestions. It was very helpful! We started to register last weekend because we have a shower coming up in July. All your suggestions helped a TON!

See these below? Does anyone know how to make them? I have wanted to make something for him, but lets be honest.. I can't sew, so it needs to be something easy.. ( I think this looks easy) and they are adorable. I am guessing it probably requires a little sewing.. but I can learn.. maybe

I am also looking for other fun, EASY things I could make such as blankets, burp clothes, Bibs.. I dunno anything like that. Feel free to share or show me how :)

6 comments:

Amber said...

April Snell (Jorgensen) does, she made me some!

The Larsons said...

I would totally help you make stuff! I made my sisters blanket and it turned out great! Those onsies look like you could do no problem for sure!! Let me know and well have a sewing party sometime :)

Unknown said...

I don't sew either. So I say go easy. Go to the fabric store and get the fabric and iron on stuff. cut out the fabric and iron on stuff and then iron it to the onies. Good luck they look really cute.

Rachel said...

I keep forgetting to check your blog since it's private, and doesn't show up at the top of my blog list anymore when you make a new post! It's been way too long since I last checked it!
That being said, CONGRATS on the baby boy! Wahoo! I'm super excited for you! It's so nice finding out the gender and being able to plan.
Those tie onsies are super adorable.

Joylybean said...

Congrats on your boy! That is so exciting to hear! You & Steve will be great parents. I love the onesies - those are so cute. I don't have any suggestions for things to make but I do have a blog that you should check out. mudpuddlesanddaisies.blogspot.com. My sisters sister-in-law makes really cute stuff - her latest is a really cute diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag. Anyway - Congrats again!

The Nelsons said...

Katy, holy moly! You've been updating your blog? I haven't been checking it because I didn't realize you went 'private', so it doesn't show on my blog that you've done new posts...Arg! I'm so dumb, sorry! I've missed a lot of what's been going on with you. But, I've read through it all and I think I'm caught up.
My advice for what to get the baby: a video monitor. I wanted to splurge on one of these, but Matt convinced me not to. And everyday I wish I had one. There are so many instances when it would be helpful to see what Covey's doing in his crib without going in his room.