Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Negative Nancy.. I guess you would say

So after this blog you can all call me 'Negative Nancy.' I don't like to be a negative person. I really don't. I much prefer finding the good in things, but I'm afraid that it's not possible for me right now. So if you don't want to read any further, I understand. Just know if you do, It won't be the happiest blog today.

Since last Tuesday I have been in incredible pain. Now, I'm sure there are others out there that have been in worse, but for me this is awful. I put up with it from Tuesday last week until Friday. I called my Dr to see if she could get me in on Friday and of course, they thought it was just a pulled muscle so they told me to take some IB profun and relax. Serious? If I thought it was just a pulled muscle, why on earth would I be calling to a Dr. that I will have to pay money I don't have to go and see, if I wasn't really in that much pain. So whatever, I decided I would go to the insta care. The Insta Care worried it was my appendix and after paying that high copay they decided I needed to go to the ER.

So, Steve leaves work and comes and gets me from the insta care because, well they gave me so many pain injections that I could barely even talk. We arrive at the ER and explain whats going on. This is about 10 am on Friday. I sit in the ER in pain until 4pm yeah, they give me pain pills, but I want to know whats going on with me. At that time I was extremely sick to my stomach so the pain pills were just making that worse for me. Well, the CT scan results came back and show I have cyst on my ovaries. That's it? I have had those before, several of them and have never felt so ill, or been in so much pain. They give me a Rx for pain pills, take my 150$ copay, and send me home.
That was day 3 of pain

Day 4; Saturday. Not so much pain, I was pretty knocked out from the pain pills, and it felt good to sleep. I felt good until I actually got out of bed. Where I realized I was so sick to my stomach. Must be the pain pills I thought. So the rest of the day I just took it easy, laid down, and only took Tylenol for pain.OK so things are looking up. Great Saturday.

Day 5; Woke up for church.. felt pretty good. Not so much pain and no nausea. Perfect. I head downstairs to get some breakfast. I just ate 2 pieces of toast. Felt great and went to church. While I'm sitting in relief society I get the overwhelmng feeling I was going to throw up. Oh please, hold it in.. don't rush out in front of everyone. That's not what happened though. I ran out of the room, and of course did what I thought I was going to in the bathroom. I had Steve take me home and I laid in bed the rest of the day.

Day 6; Monday. This day I of course had to go to work. I work the early shift now and I'm the only one there when we open so I had to go. I made it the whole day feeling just sick to my stomach no pain.. until 2 pm. Then I felt worse then I had last Friday. This is awful! i don't understand what is going on. If its just a cyst then why am I not able to hold anything down. I mean anything. Not even water. Something is wrong here.

Day 7; Tuesday. I decided enough was enough. I called my Dr again and said that I needed to be seen ASAP. I cant afford the insta care or ER again so they would need to find a spot for me. They decided to check me for a twisted ovary and a tubal pregnancy. Both of those came back negative. All they saw in the Ultrasound was the same thing they have been saying all along. CYST!! I left this time with nausea medicine. I was not sure how long this sick stomach was going to last, and neither were they so I thought I should prepare for the long haul. I got home and looked at the Rx. It says its for sick stomachs BUT causes drowsiness. WHAT?P I cant take that during the day at work. I can barely work from being so sick, this sucks! I take it before bed and had a good nights rest.

Day 8; Wednesday, Today.
Well I woke up, sick and in pain again and was sad to know that I didn't have a pain pill or anything for my nausea to have during the day. I was just going to have to tough it out like every other day. I couldn't do it. I guess I'm just weak. I made it til 230 and told my boss that I had to leave. For one, I was way sick and could not even look at the computer screen with out wanting to run to the bathroom and the second reason is I have my big Pharmacy Tech test tomorrow and was stressing out and needed to study. So here I ma at home, sick, tired, in pain and really really missing my husband. I wish that I could see him more than 2 times a week, but I know his schooling is for the best right?

Well, that's it. Its my negative spiel (spelling??) I'm don't for tonight. I really hope this all goes away by this weekend. I could really use a vacation for it all.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Darling!!! I am so sorry that you have had a terrible last forever!!! or at least you probably feel like it has been forever!!! Anything I can do??? I could come down and yell at the doctor's... I'm really good at that...lol. let me know if I can do anything...K.

Caitlin Selle said...

Oh I am sorry. You wouldn't think a cyst would do all of that. And if you can't keep anything down, that is super dangerous. I hope it goes away soon. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Seriously! I could erase your blog again? :)

Melanie said...

What a bummer Kates! I'm really sorry that you're having to put up with all this right now. Especially in the wake of a big test. But it really stinks to have to deal with any time.

We'll be thinking about you. I hope you get better soon. And if you don't get better, I hope the doctors screw their heads on straight and actually give you a Rx that actually helps you continue to living your life, even to some degree.

Lame doctors.

Amber said...

Yuck Katy! I hate it when doctors can't figure things out. That's what they get paid for and that's what they spent 10 years studying! I hope that you start feeling better!

The Emery's said...

You poor thing! Wow! That's a lot of crap to go through. My sister actually just went through the same thing and has been in SO much pain. She just had surgery on Wed. of this week to remove the cyst. Have they mentioned that to you at all or do they just expect it to pop by itself? I hear that's pretty painful too. Sorry girl! Oh and I wanted to tell you that when I went to instacare and was sent to the ER because they couldn't do anything for me they actually waived the co-pay for instacare that I already paid. So you might want to give the instacare a call and I bet they'll waive that for you. Cuz I was the same way... no way am I paying that much for NOTHING!! So I would look into that. They were pretty nice about it. Anyway, I hope that you get feeling better. Poor thing! Let me know if I can do anything!!!

Lynsie said...

That sounds absolutely awful! I'm really surprised that it's not your appendix. Sure ovary pain can be pretty horrible, but why would it make you so nauseous? I'm sorry you're not getting any good answers from your doctors, the ER, etc. I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry that you were so sick for so long! I'm glad you're better now!