Monday, April 13, 2009

ONE FOOT, TWO FOOT, BLACK AND BLUE FOOT


See this above? Yeah, that is how I will be getting around starting next Thursday for at least a couple weeks. Oh and remember my big black boot? yeah, well I get 2 of those. Yep! It's gonna be a pretty site. I know you all are asking why? Why Katy? Why are you choosing to sport around such stylish accessories? Well, the reason is I found out today that I will be having surgery on both my feet next week. I have a cyst in my right foot that needs to be removed and tarsal tunnel in my left that needs to be taken care of. I have been in such pain with my feet for who knows how long and finally found an amazing dr who was able to figure out whats going on with me and find a solution.I just hope that after the recovery I will see a significant improvement from where I am now. I have never had surgery before so Im actually pretty nervous. I watch a lot of those medical shows and all the bad Anesthesia problems come floating to my head. At least I have the Lord on my side. I know he will keep me safe and help me feel comfort now and through til I have the surgery. So, for all you out there planning on having a dance off count me out for this one but know I will back bigger and badder than before.

8 comments:

The Larsons said...

OUCH! Im sorry Katy! Good luck though and hey bein in a wheel chair sounds pretty sweet!

Joylybean said...

Good luck Katy! I had no idea you were having such a difficult time - you really never let on. Keep being your cheerful & upbeat self... it will help get you through the tough times ahead.

Jenny said...

Katy,

I am so sorry that you are in such pain, but I am excited you found a DR that hopefully is going to fix it. Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way. Maybe we could do lunch...

Amber said...

Katy I'm so sorry that you have to go through that but also very happy for you that you now know what is wrong! Let me know if you need anything and rest up cause we have a big trip to St. George!

caitlin said...

Girl! I am so sorry. Please let me know if I can do anything. SERIOUSLY (all CAPS to let you know I'm serious) Everything will go fine. I'm getting excited for our trip!

The Emery's said...

Ohhhh that's so scary that you have to have surgery but so good that they finally figured out what's wrong!!! My sis had foot surgery and it was like a 6 week recovery. :( And that was just for 1 foot! Let me know if I can help you out! And keep me updated!

Amber said...

You and your feet Katy! Good luck with the surgery and let me know if you need anything! Oh and maybe you could get another wheelchair for Steve and you can race around the block?

Just T said...

Oh dear! I hope everything goes well! I'm sorry that you are having to go through this but at least you found a good doctor!