Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ol' School Nintendo


So last Saturday we stopped by a yard sale close to home, and lo and behold they've got an old school Nintendo NES system (the original 80's gaming icon of the universe) with a box of games for $5. Without a second thought, we did the only logical thing and snatched it up. I'd forgotten how ridiculously fun the NES is. I rounded up another 20 or so games from our old machine growing up that broke, and the game tour was immediately replenished. It brings back some great childhood memories... blowing in the games, taking them in and out trying to avoid the blue screen of death. I'm almost certain this is brining us the most entertainment we've gotten out of 5 bucks probably ever, not to mention how productive it is. Play on!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Kates-y, That is so funny! You make me want to go and dig out my old nintendo. :) have fun gamin'!

caitlin said...

Oh man, I'm jealous! I can't find our old one. So I sold the games. Although I do have two left, I will bring them to you tonight.

The Larsons said...

HaHaHa... Seriously this post made me laugh out loud!!! "The blue screen of death" Good stuff!


p.s. this is Todd