Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today

So, an update with the pregnancy.

In the begining of this pregnancy my Dr had a concern that the baby was not growing in the center of my uterus. That is was actually growing in the corner which is bad. So they have been really watching this. Today was my 5th ultrasound because all the others, the baby was still too small and they couldn't tell for sure. Great news the baby has grown ( to the size of a Kumquat, actually) and they can see it is perfectly center now and no worries at all. The heartbeat was strong.. 180 to be exact. That scared me a little as the last ultrasound it was only 147. But they said 180 is good.. so I am happy as can be. We even got to see the baby moving around. Such a squirmer. It even looked like it waived to us with it's little nubs :) Bliss I tell ya!
Today was the first ultrasound that I actually bawled at. The others I had a few tears but this one, for some reason just really hit me. I couldn't believe that little baby in there is now looking like a real baby. Its amazing how quickly they grow. I am so blessed and greatful that I get this opportunity to experience being pregnant. I hope and pray it continues to go well. I just can't wait to be a mother and to see Steve as a father. He will be so good, I already know that.
Today I realized just how lucky we are. We truly are blessed to have gone through the struggle we did trying to get pregnant. Its perfect now..even with the sickness, and the other fun things that come along with pregnancy.. I don't care. Bring it all on.

Everything is just perfect!

4 comments:

The Larsons said...

Im so glad everything is ok!! Im soooo excited for you guys! You both will be amazing parents!

One Happy Family said...

Yeah that is so awesome!! You both will be GREAT parents!!! :D

The Emery's said...

Yay I'm so glad that everything is good! The first part of pregnancy is so scary! It's so nice to have the reassurance of the doctor's visits. So are you feeling sick now? And hey Happy Birthday yesterday!!

Anonymous said...

Great News Katy! I'm so glad!