Friday, February 18, 2011

Before I had McKay I worked. I worked a lot. In fact, this is the first time I have not worked since I was 15 years old. I really do enjoying working, but have loved staying home with McKay these past 4 months. When we made the decision that we were going to try to make it work so I could stay home I decided that I needed to do something still for me, that would help me not go crazy. I decided on service. I don't think there is anything out there that makes me more happy then serving others. I wasn't sure exactly how or what I would do but I knew that once McKay was born, I really need to bring more service into our lives since I wouldn't be working. I would love to attend the temple more, but that really is not much of an option for me. Its hard to find time ( I know, terrible excuse) when I have this little boy to take care of. So, I decided I would use my skills to serve others. I love to cook/bake. It relaxes me. I have made it a personal goal of mine to provide a meal, or a treat, or somethng for a neighbor or a friend at least 2 times a week. Nothing big or fancy, but just something that would help them out. I might as well, I have to make dinner for my family anyways.

I think service is such an important thing. Even if it's something as little as making cookies for your neighbor, just because. But can you do too much? I have started to feel that some people may get annoyed with me offering to help them with things. For me, even just offers of help make me feel better but maybe I am doing too much. I don't know... maybe I am crazy

Recently we decided it would be best for our family to have me work part time again. It would be temporary until we get a few things worked out. I have mixed feelings about it. I have LOVED staying home with McKay. Its been so fun to watch him grow and learn new things, but I have missed working. I was offered a job yesterday with IHC. I would work part-time and it feels right. I know this is what I am supposed to do. So maybe this is the solution to my feelings about serving people "too much" Now that I am will be working, I might not have as much time. We'll see how it goes

No comments: