Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 years old

Tonight was a very special night. It is my brother Spencer's birthday, and I decided that we should start celebrating that. After all, it is the day he was brought to this earth, even if he only spent a short amount of time here. I made some pretty amazing, yellow cupcakes with Raspberry butter cream frosting and bought balloons and invited my family over. I also invited my family members out of state to participate with us to make it even more special. We sang Happy Birthday, ate cupcakes, talked of memories and our love for Spencer, and then went outside and let our balloons go, sending them up to Spencer. It was so sweet to watch my 10 yr old niece's eyes tear up. She really didn't know him, as she was just a baby when he passed, but she still has an overwhelming amount of love for him. . I am so greatful for my family, that we have Spencer in heaven, watching over all of us.






Happy Birthday, my angel in heaven!

2 comments:

The Nelsons said...

So so cute of you Katy. That's a really special night. I'm so sorry McKay has been having the same stomach issues! Poor guy. How has the no milk no gluten been working? How are you feeling?

Katy said...

We've just been doing no milk. it was good for 3 days and now its back to him being sick and not sleeping, just screaming. So Dr. told us tonight we need to go to a GI dr at PCMC asap to get it figured out. I hope we have some luck there
I am still pretty crappy, but I think im on the mend. Thanks :)