Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gluten Free

I've been having a lot of stomach problems lately. well, really for the past 8 years. Its just getting worse and I have yet to find the completely reason. I had a colonoscopy yesterday and was hoping it would provide me with some answers, but it didn't. So, I am taking it into my own hands now, especially since the Dr. did not seem interested at all in helping find whats making me so sick.
I decided I am going to start by taking certain foods out of my diet to see if that helps. I have gone gluten free before, for about 3 months. It helped a little, but I don't think 3 months is long enough to help as much I need, so I am going to try it again. This time, for at least 6 months. If I see improvement in my symptoms I will keep going and hopefully over time it will get better and better. If I don't see improvement in 6 months, to a year then I will then start over and try taking something else out of my diet.
I have written food journals, keeping track of what makes me so ill when I eat, and pretty much I have come to the conclusion that everything does. I can't pin point just one item or food group, etc. So this will be the best way I know how to solve the problem. I am going to start doing this cold turkey on Monday. I really hope to see some change and that I start feeling better. I am sure tired of being sick all the time.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Wow... So sorry. I hope this works for you though. Pretty much everything ha gluten right? Will you have to make/buy special breads and all that too?

Sarah said...

That's a good idea to try going gluten free. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that helps. Keep me posted!

DJ's Nook said...

I know that when Jason eats gluten some of his symptoms go away quickly and some take forever to go away long after he eats it. Hope you figure something out! Maybe try a second doctor, yours doesn't sound too helpful.