Friday, December 3, 2010

On a happier note...

McKay is 2 months old today and had his 2 month check up this morning. We have a big boy on our hands. Not that I needed the Dr. to tell me that.



At 2 months, McKay is 14lbs and 26 inches long. I can't remember the percentile on those, but he is off the charts 95-100% percentile on both of those Because he is so long he doesn't look very chubby. I am sure he appreciates that. He got that gene from is Daddy, that's for sure.
As you can see from the top picture, McKay is starting to smile more and more these days. With this week as an exception. He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and quickly growing out of those. He still hasn't got the hang of the whole napping thing during the day. Which would be fine if he were a happier baby. Mommy would sure love it if he would sleep more than a few minutes at a time during the day. Nighttime sleeping is going great. he usually sleeps a solid 6-8 hours then wakes up to eat then sleeps another 3 hours.. or until it's light outside. We are trying to darken his room this weekend to see if that helps with his napping.
McKay is eating 4-6 oz of formula at each feeding. during the day its still every 3 hours.. actually more like ever 2.5 hours. I think he has a fast metabolism. McKay is rolling over, following more and more things with his eyes and I think he can recognize his Mom and Dad's voice. He still only likes it when Steve sings to him... or Gramma My. For some reason he instantly settles down when she sings in a really high pitched voice " Purple piggies poop purple poop too" I have no clue how she started singing that but it works. I tried it once and it worked for me too, for about 5 minutes. It's just something about Gramma My's voice I guess.
McKay still has bad acid reflux. The Dr. said he has been on way too low of a dose for how big he is and that was probably the root of the problem this week, so we are upping his dose and hoping it helps him. Poor little guy.
He loves to stand up and has great head and neck control. He holds on to toys or rattles for about 30 seconds and still hates tummy time.
As hard has these first 2 months have been, I am still thankful to have him in my life. He has blessed us in so many ways, and is teaching me more and more each day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I've said the EXACT same things about Parker. Especially in relation to his size and height. Most people are so surprised when they pick him up at how heavy he is because he doesn't look chubby. He's so long that it's all over.

He's really cute Kate. Hope you have a better week.

Jess said...

Wow! These two months have gone too fast. I'm glad they figured out he needs a higher dose. hopefully that will help. Elena was really bad at the nap thing at his age too. She finally got the hang of it. But it felt like it took forever for her to get there. He is such a cutie! :)