Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's only Tuesday? This is my week so far.

*DISCLAIMER*
I am not complaining in any way about my Son. I am so thankful to have him in my life... but sometimes a girl/mother has got to vent a little.

Monday: Woke up to crying baby at 6:45am. Fed the baby and he was still crying. Basically... spent all day Monday holding and trying to console a screaming baby who doesn't believe in taking naps during the day for some reason. Luckily, I was relieved from it when Steve got home at 4:30 and I was able to go groccery shopping. let's just say I took as long as possible doing that. I needed the break. Finally got the little one down for the night at 9pm.

Tuesday: Woke up at 4 to feed the baby. Got him to go back to sleep for maybe an hour then he was up for the day basically. Said a prayer that today wouldn't go like yesterday did. I had a dentist apt at 11 in Cottonwood Heights and desperately needed a oil change. It was pretty much unsafe for me to be driving anymore until I got that. So I called around to every close Firestone I could ( we get a good discount through Steves work to use them) and the Bountiful one couldn't get me in, in the morning. Called the Murray one. Success. They said if I could be there in a half hour they would have it done for me at 10. This was 8:30 so I rushed to get dressed and McKay dressed and in the car. Got there 5 minutes late and they said they couldn't fit me in anymore. I was not so happy, not to mention neither was my son. He was once again screaming. So I went to 2 more Firestones and found one who was able to squeeze me in. I am pretty sure they just felt bad fo me as I was trying to carry the car seat, while listening to the screaming baby and trying to carry my purse and diaper bag.... while tears are running down my face. I had kinda lost it by that point. So they got me done just in time for me to drop him off at his Aunt Becky's house, who he absolutely adores. "Please just stop crying and be good for her" is what I said over and over again. Apparently that worked.. now if only I could get myself to stop crying so the dentist didn't know how much of a basket case I really was. After 2 hours at the dentist, a sore jaw and tooth I'm back to pick up the babe. He was good for her. Success again! Now that I am home, how do I get him to be good for me? Took me over an hour to feed him because in between each such he would cry. Poor thing, this is probably just as rough for him as it is for me. I wish he could just tell me what's wrong. ( I am assuming a little stomach bug or he needs stronger acid reflux med cause he just keeps throwing up)
Now you all are wondering " Katy, if he is always crying.. why are you writing a blog instead of taking care of him?" well, to answer your question. I have had to stop writting this 5 times now to get rock him back to sleep. Did I mention he doesn't like to take naps during the day? Yea, He is so tired I just can't find the magic trick to keep him asleep.
So now that you are up to speed with my first 2 days of this week.. let's hope my complaining has my Heavenly Father feeling bad for me so he will give me a break. Just one break is all I ask for.. just one day where if he isn't going to sleep then fine, but at least have him be happy while he is awake.
Zumba tonight at 7pm. I am exhausted, and not feeling so well but I know it will help relieve my stress.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember those days well. I used to just repeat the words "this too shall pass" in my head over and over. Zumba sounds so fun and probably just what you need tonight. I can't get enough of cute little McKay, so anytime and I DO MEAN ANYTIME you need a break bring him over! These first few months go by in a blur and it is soooo worth it.

The Larsons said...

Sorry hun! I still have that problem though.. For some reason kids aren't as good for their moms. Kayson is a completely different person if I am not there... I hope it gets better soon for you! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Sorry you're having such a rough week. Hang in there! You're a great mom!

Melanie said...

Yes, it will pass... eventually. Although, personally, I never felt much comfort in those words at the stage your in. Of course I didn't really take comfort in much of anything. I pretty much became a zombie and holed up in my house (I wouldn't recommend it). I was totally a hermit for a while.

All I can say is I think you are fantastic. That and I think we should go grab lunch sometime. Nothing Bunt Cakes anyone? What? Cakes can be eaten for lunch...

What does your week next week look like? I'll even bring my crying baby to balance out your crying baby. It won't annoy anyone at surrounding tables.

Emily said...

So I know I always say this, but seriously, please call me if you ever need a break. I'm not very proactive, but I will try to be better about seeing how you are doing.
I remember so many nights just crying and praying that Ben would just sleep, and then days when he wouldn't eat and wouldn't nap and just screamed. I promise it does get better, but until then, please, please know that I am here if you need ANYTHING!

The Nelsons said...

When Covey was that little I had to hold him ALL THE TIME. He would sleep at night in his crib, but during the day for naps I was just holding him and bouncing and walking circles around my island repeatedly. (your muscles get tough) It sucks. BUT it's such a short amount of time respectively and so I'd just concentrate on what it felt like to hold him and look at his little face so I'd have it locked in my memory for when he's a big bumbling teenager and someday leaving home. I'd say the most important thing is to figure out what you need to so that he's not in pain and getting the food he needs. And this hard time does pass, sooner than you think. It gets easier all the time. Love ya lots.

Amber said...

I am so sorry! I hate those days (or weeks)! If you ever need help on a Friday call me!