Saturday, January 1, 2011

3 Months!

My little boy is 3 months old now. Well, technically it is on the 3rd, but who knows if I will have time to blog any time soon so I am doing it early.


Over the past month it has been so fun to see the changes happening. He smiles a whole lot. Mostly in the morning when he first wakes up and after he eats. He is laughing too. I used to have to work so hard to just get a tiny smile out of him and now he is smiling and laughing all the time. I love it. It certainly does make those hard days we still have, a lot easier when he is happy.

He has moved up to eating 6oz every 3 hours during the day, and at night we just feed him 6 oz when he wakes. Sometimes its every 3 hours, sometimes he goes 6 hours, and SOMETIMES like the past 3 nights he sleeps comepletely through the night until 9 am. YAY!! I am loving it. I don't know if its a change permanently (probably not) but I am hoping its a change at least for a few more nights. It's been so nice.

He is still not napping for me during the day. Actually, he will take small cat naps only if I am holding him. I can not put him down when he is asleep or he wakes up instantly. I wish I could get that figured out. It would be nice to have even just 1 nap during the day where he was sleeping in his crib just so I could feel productive.

McKay can roll over.. and has been able to since 2 weeks old. He loves to stand, with you hold him up of course, and sit. If he is laying flat on his back, he will always try to sit up and has accomplished just that several times this week. Seems weird to me for a 3 month old to be pulling themselves up and sitting up, but he does it. If I could figure out how to put a video on this thing, I would show you the proof. He is pretty amazing!

He weighs about 16lbs now and is no longer fitting in his 3-6 month clothes mostly due to his height which is 27-28inches now. Before too long he will need a new car seat.

McKay will copy me when I stick my tongue out, he is able to grab onto a few of his toys and when he plays on his mat, there is a zebra that hangs above him. He must not be too happy with him as he will stare the zebra down and then start hitting him over and over with his hands. It's actually pretty cute to watch.

We definetly can't leave him alone on his boppy on the couch or bed anymore as he scoots his legs and bum and could manage to fall off pretty easily, in a matter of seconds if we weren't watching. He loves to make us nervous.

McKay still has acid reflux pretty bad. He has been on Zantac for it, but is now taking Prevacid in addition to the Zantac and we added rice cereal to his bottles. They say that helps with the throwing up and it sure does. It has helped a lot this last week since we started using it. It's nice to not have to go through 5 outfits an hour.

He has his on and off weeks where some are more pleasant than others, but overall McKay at 3 months is a happy baby and I am really enjoying being a Mom to him.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for 3 months! Cody and I think that the 3 month mark is magical. It always seems like things start to feel settled in by then and (at least with our babies) they seem to get happier and easier from that point on. Love that cute little guy!

The Nelsons said...

Yay! Yay! McKay all the way! (in a cheerleader yell) Matt says: HipHop. McKay, Don't stop. Don't stop til you get enough.

Melanie said...

Such a cute babe you have.

The Emery's said...

I told you it would get better! It just took a month longer than I said. :) He is such a cutie and I'm so happy that things are getting easier. That still has to be incredibly hard that he won't nap!

And I just got done reading about Spencer's death. It's crazy because we were such close friends when that happened and I remember hearing the news at lunch and seeing you the first time I saw you after it happened and being at his funeral, but I didn't know ANY of that. It had me in tears. You are amazing Katy and not only are you a strength to your family, but you were such a strength to me when almost a year later my dad died. I can't tell you how much it helped to have SOMEONE that understood what I was going through. You didn't have that. You are amazing. And I love ya to death! Thanks for everything. :)

Jess said...

He is too adorable! And his smile is totally infectious. I didn't know he could roll over since 2 weeks... wow! He's totally strong! Love that boy!!!... oh and you too! lol :)