Thursday, January 27, 2011

4 Months


McKay had his 4 month dr. apt last Friday. The stat's are in. Drum roll please..........


16 and 1/2 lbs

27 Inches long ( but his leg wasn't stretched out all the way, so I think he is taller than that)


The Dr. showed us a chart at which he was at the average height and weight of a 7 month old. Its weird to me because he doesn't look that big, unless he is by another baby his age. Then I can tell how much bigger he really is.


He is really starting to chunk up, and I am lovin' it. He's still sporting the double chin (possibly tripple chin?) and his things and arms are getting rolls. I love chunky thighs, and so does Steve. hence why he married me ;)

Anyways..accomplishments this month?

he has OFFICIALLY found his voice, and lets us know it. He loves to scream and then smile right after to see what your reaction was. and if you scream back at him he think's it is a competition and screams even louder, accompanied by and even bigger smile. That is my favorite thing during the day when he wont nap.

Yes, on to naps. Not going to well. He is starting to not even want to nap on me, so instead when he is tired he just screams and cries. And not the good scream I was just talking about. No, this is the ear drum bursting, heart wrenching scream. That is NOT my favorite. Oh, but he is just so cute.

As of this morning, he has 2 bottom teeth. They haven't just poked their way through, they are fully emerging into the world. So now I know why he had such a runny nose, slight fever, and his sleep patterns have been messed up. Teething. At least I know he wasn't sick then. That was a worry of mine. Now that those 2 teeth are in, it's like it stopped the never ending drool fountain that flowed constantly from him. Now, I know that is only temporary, but at least I know that when it starts up again it means more teeth. I've been told that getting teeth at 4 months is pretty early. Usually they get them starting around 6 months. I guess McKay wants to speed through this baby time, just as quickly as his Momma does.

The poor thing is still battling with Acid Reflux, but its being maintained a lot better this month. we had him switched to Prevacid and added Rice Ceral to his bottles. Who knew that Rice Cereal could do so much for a baby with AR. I know that when I don't add the Rice, he throws up 10 times worse. we learned that the hard way.

This week he started holding his bottle when I feed him. He has a tight hold on it and pulls it in and out of his mouth... once it's completely out, he can't figure out the coordination to get it back in there, but he will soon, I'm sure of it. Along with holding the bottle he can hold pretty much any toy and then it is instantly in his mouth, if he can fit it in. If he can't he gets mad and throws it. How do I know he get's mad? Cause he is just like me, and has a certain " mad" look that you just can't hide.

The Dr. says we can start feeding him cereal and some baby food. I'm excited for this. I think he will really love eating other foods than formula. he already knows how to handle the spoon well becuase I was having to give him medicine from a spoon. Anytime one is even near him, you will find him with his mouth wide open. Runs in the family I guess.
It's been a rollercoaster 4 months, but I feeling it getting better each month. Which is fantastic news for me!
**Pictures to come of him at 4 months. I just need to locate my camera. **

1 comment:

The Emery's said...

Ahhh what a doll! I can't believe he has 2 front teeth! That's crazy! My boys didn't get a tooth till they were 8-10 months. Hopefully he'll start to nap better for you. But the teething gel and tablets work wonders! What percentile is he for height? Did the Dr. tell you? Can't wait to see the pictures.