Sunday, October 5, 2008

All About The Wifey



1. Where did you meet? We were both tellers at the University of Utah Credit Union. I worked at the Sandy branch and she was at Jordan Valley. She quit a couple months after I started and went to work at LDS Hospital. Well, I got her number from another teller she was friends with, Sophia, but reluctant to be in another relationship, we only texted back and forth and left a couple messages on myspace for a month or two. Well one Sunday evening, we both had nothing to do and went for a walk at a nearby park in Holladay, (the same one I proposed at) and from there we just started hanging out a lot. A month or so later, I surprised her at work with lunch, and it was on that afternoon that we had the relationship talk and became a "couple" so to speak.

2. How long before you were married? We dated 4 months, then were engaged for 3 months, so 7 months!

3. How long have you been married? 1 year and 10 months

4. What does she do that surprises you? She's always thinking about me. And unlike me, she can keep surprises a secret... dang it! She's always planning something fun for us, or leaving me love notes in my car, on the bed, in my lunch, sending me cute texts. She's always putting me before herself.

5. What's your favorite feature about her? I love everything! Her smile, her eyes, her hair, her smooth skin, her laugh, her face when she gets excited, the way she dresses. I also love the voice she does when she's being all cutesy, although she's figured out that she can make me do anything for her when she uses a cute voice.

6. What's your favorite quality about her? I love how caring she is. It's great being married to your best friend. I love talking to her about anything and everything. I love how great she is with kids, and how great of a mother she's going to be someday to our children.

7. Does she have a nickname for you? Not really, just Steve. We both call each other "lover" sometimes. Especially when asking a favor.

8. What's her favorite color? Red

9. What's her favorite food? Chinese

10. What's her favorite sport? She likes most sports. Basketball, Softball, U of U Football, gymnastics.

11. Who said I love you first? I did. Well it was actually in Portuguese and through a text, but they say Portuguese is the language of romantics, plus I was a little nervous so I thought there'd be a possibility she wouldn't figure it what it meant, but as it just so happens, "te amo" has exactly the same meaning in Spanish and she has a Mexican friend. Busted!

12. When and where was your first kiss? June 2006 in her mother's basement, on our third date after a movie and long talk.

13. What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love movies, dining out, sporting events, playing cards (especially on boring Sunday afternoons), canyon drives (especially in fall), camping, and hanging out with our friends.

14. Do you have kids? How many? Nope. Hopefully once I finish school, but just 2 doggys for now.

15. What's a hidden talent she has? She's got an amazing voice, which she's now putting to use singing in a city choir that her sister directs, with the intention of trying out for the Utah Choir next year. She's also plays a mean game of softball, from her High school days.

16. How old is she? 24 years, 8 months.

17. What's her favorite type of music? She'd probably say Country, but she listens to everything from System of a Down, to 311 to musical soundtracks such as Wicked, Rent, and her latest... Mamma Mia.

18. What do you admire most about her? What a strong woman she is. She's taken the trials and challenges life has given her and become better and stronger. I admire her strength, faith, thoughtfulness, and love for her family and the lord.

19. What's her favorite past time? Humm... proabably watching So You Think You Can Dance, Don't Forget The Lyrics, America's Next Top Model, or The Hills. That's when I'm at school or inbetween keeping our home clean and decorated.

20. Do you think she's going to read this? I'm sure she'll see it at work tomorrow.

2 comments:

caitlin said...

Ah how sweet!

Jenny said...

That was sweet! I really enjoyed reading it! I learned a lot!