Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Utah Jazz




So, a lot of you will probably kill me for saying this but I have never been a Utah Jazz fan. I know, how sad. I mean, I live in Utah and love Basketball but could care less about the Jazz. Well, Steve is a big fan of the Jazz so I promised him this year I would get more into watching the Jazz and becoming a fan. I don't anticipate this being an easy task, especially when they play my teams Timberwolves and Spurs. I guess I can root for them too. The Jazz play tonight and are in their last quarter, with 53 seconds left. Jazz are up by three.. ahhh this is tense!! If the Jazz loose tonight, they will be 3-1..currently they are 3-0 but so are who they are playing, the Blazers. see, I did my research to see how my new favorite team is doing. That's how dedicated I am to becoming a fan!

and....THEY WIN! Jazz 103 Blazers 96

GO JAZZ!!!
(Did that sound real?)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

That's hilarious! 'Did that sound real?' Ha ha ha!

It is a little bit of a mystery that with all your Utah and basketball history, you missed out on the awesomeness that was the Malone Stockton Era and now Williams and Boozer (although I'm losing a little bit of my love for the ladder). Oh well, there's still time.

The Larsons said...

haha your so funny! Hey at least you like to watch basketball who cares who you cheer for I say!

Jenny said...

Katy I love that you are getting into watching the Utah Jazz. I almost feel motivated to watch them as well.

Katy, thank you so much for your memory of me. I don't really know were to write a memory of you so I am going to write one here.

I don't even know were to begin. There are so many memories of you that I am privileged of having in my heart forever. To name a few I would have to say the many times we would go out to lunch (i.e Cinna-bun, panda express, etc) in the middle of the school day, just to ease a spur of the moment craving. :)

I think we were really put into each others lives for a reason, and I am so thankful that you were right by my side through a lot of my struggles.

Thanks so much for being my Best Friend through it all.

Rachel said...

I'm definitely the last one to judge you for not being a big sports fan. I've never been super into sports. The only season I got really into the jazz, was in like 9th grade, and Kathryn Matsumori's family had season tickets and I went with them to a lot of the games. You can't help but get into it when you are RIGHT there.
Sounds like you're having fun getting into it.

Just T said...

Katy! I'm with you! I was a huge fan when we were little and Malone and Stockton were rockin' it! But, I haven't had any interest since! Sad days. Kyson has done the same thing. He is bound and determined to watch every game this year and with my by his side. (Sure is hard for me to sit that long too!) Together, we can try to achieve Jazz fanhoodness or whatever!

Jenny said...

I'm not really much of a sports fan myself at all!