Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Katy

Before our house was built, Steve and I were driving out to see it. We were on 2600 S. and had to stop for a train. This happens pretty frequently. As we are watching the train, this is what it looked like.



It was totally called "The Katy." Of course I was just so excited! I mean, how often do you see a train in your FAVORITE COLOR Red and with your name on it. What was even better is that the spelling of the name was just like mine. It's not very often that you find the spelling of Katy with a Y. I obviously get excited pretty easily over well, pretty much anything, but this just tipped the bucket. For a week or so after, I walked around pretending I was a train. Anytime anyone said anything to me, instead of talking I just responded with "choo choo" while bring my hand up and down in the "horn blowing" fashion. I even had someone ask me if I was named after the train. My response was of course I was! You see, the story is a long time ago my mother was running away from the mafia, and hopped a train. It saved her life. She was pregnant with me at the time and decided to name me after the train that saved her and my life. It just so happens to be that the train was named the most beautiful name ever. Katy. And we lived happily ever after.


OK so that didn't really happen. I didn't respond to everyone's questions with "choo choo" I did however, walk around super excited telling everyone that there is a pretty red train with my name on it. Oh, and my mother was not escaping from the mafia..so I wasn't named after the train. But how cool of a story would that be if it were true.I would have loved to tell that one when I was little in class when the teachers would ask "who were you named after?"

That was the first and only time we have ever seen "The Katy" I like to think it was a sign. A sign telling me that we should be moving 'full speed ahead' with our life. That we should take chances, and to have no fear. And that we did, by buying our first house! I hope that if you ever come across this train you will think of me now :)

3 comments:

caitlin said...

Oh I will always think of you when I see a red train. (and your poor mom running from the mafia ;)

Try finding things spelled the way I spell Caity!

Tommy + Monica said...

Haha! Katy, I sure do love your imagination!! You rock! Love ya!

Jenny said...

That's really cool that you have a train named after you! You're funny!