Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Official!

Yep! It's official...we are committed to loosing weight. I think this is the most excited and motivated I have been in a long time. I guess it helps to have a partner in it with you. Steve is amazing support.

So we decided to start with Monday, January 4th.... so tomorrow. This weekend I stocked our shelves with healthy food choices and we bought a nice scale for our weekly weigh-in's. I just weighed myself on it can't wait for the coming weeks to see the number get smaller as I change. Along with getting some good food for us, and getting a new scale we made a plan that each month I would make a calendar for each of us. On it will be a "before" picture of us, our current weight, overall goal, and goal of weight loss for that month. Since from my last blog I decided that making smaller short term goals would lead us to a lot more success. I have also listed on the calendar our daily goals that will help us obtain our monthly goal. This month both of our goals are to lose 6lbs each. That may not seem like a big number but I figure that at the end of each month we will look at what we accomplished, what we struggled with and change the next months goal off of that. I can't even tell you how excited I am for the journey we get to go on together!
I made the calendars today and put them both on our pantry door. That way they will be a constant reminder for us, and it gives a chance for guests to see it..holding us more accountable to succeed and work hard at this. I don't want to put it blantently out there for everyone to see, but the thought that someone else could see that number I wrote down of what I currently weight and the picture I took..somehow gives me more motivation.
I'm really proud of our hard work and the goals we have set up and especially our calenders, and to finish this post up I leave you with our "before" pictures we took of each other.


4 comments:

The Larsons said...

Good work guys!! Thats awesome your sooo prepared! I love the idea of the calendars! Good luck and hopefully I see ya in the gym :)

Sarah said...

Those calendars are awesome, Katy! You guys are motivating me to set a new goal for the year. :) One thing I always find helpful when trying to eat healthier is writing down everything I eat each day. Somehow it's a little easier to resist a little bite here and a little bite there if I know I have to account for it and look at it on my list at the end of the day. Good luck with your goals!

Neff Family said...

Good motivation for sure! Good luck!!

Kimi D said...

I'm super proud of you and am confident that you two can make it happen. Baby steps are important and so is preparedness and it seems that you are checkity-check on both. Love you!