Monday, February 1, 2010

The Poem

This is the poem we used to tell Steve's parents that we are expecting.. we also used it in part of what we did for my nieces.

A Gift For You

I do not have a face to see, or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss; I don't yet have a name.


You can't hold my tiny hands, nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, or cuddle me so near.


But all will change come October, 3rd when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter; I can't wait till I meet you.

All I ask between now and then is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, because of all the love we'll know.


So as you're waiting patiently, please pray lots of prayers for me.
I cannot wait to be a part of this wonderful family!

Love,
Katy , Steve and Baby Girl or Boy

6 comments:

The Emery's said...

Ahhh this is SO cute! Congratulations again Katy! I'm so super excited for you! I hope you don't stay sick for too long. Ice cream and cereal were what saved me. I expect lots of updates about this and we'll have to plan a shower for you for later this summer or early fall. Or maybe sooner if Emily comes into town or something. Anyway, I'll quick blabbing but congrats you two!! You will be such AWESOME AWESOME parents! No one deserves this more!

The Larsons said...

O that is so cute, I love it!! Good idea!

The Doom's said...

That is so cute. It took me forever trying to decide how to tell our parents. Congrats!

Jess said...

Soooo cute!! Great idea. Now we need to know how they reacted. So so cute!

Tara said...

Ah that is cute!!! I somehow missed this wonderful announcment. Congrats, congrats!! You're going to be a great mom

The Lloyds said...

Ok, this totally made me cry! I love it and it's so true... they are worth it! I'm so happy for you two! Going through the next few months will be a journey and an adventure...enjoy them! Time after the baby arrives will be truly amazing and hard and fun and completely wonderful!
Congrats again MAMA!