Friday, February 5, 2010

What a Relief

Since Sunday, I have been having some bad cramping and it has just gotten worse. I was worried and so I called my Dr. who is absolutely amazing! She was concerned and got me in right away for an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. Indeed it is. It was so neat and so calming to know for sure everything was fine. They said that the ultrasound showed everything to be perfectly normal. They also did blood work to make sure. What a relief!

I am so thankful for technology and that in 10 minutes you can see, and know how things are inside of your body! It's an amazing thing, and really helped calm my nerves today and it was nice to see that even though I would be blessed to have twins, it's only one baby this time :)

Everything is even more real now that I was able to see that there really IS a baby in there. I know I took 5 pregnancy tests, and had multiple blood work done which all said I was pregnant but it was still hard to really believe, and not doubt that it was true until today. What a great feeling and a perfect way to start the weekend.

Now I am off to a yummy dinner hosted by THIS fantastic girl!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad everything is ok, but even more happy you got to have an early ultrasound!!! Isn't it amazing!?!!

Amber said...

Modern technology is a wonderful thing! I am glad that everything is ok!

caitlin said...

Ha, I so enjoyed our night of chatting. I am so so happy for you.

Melanie said...

I had a similar experience with Leah. Cramping and bleeding at about 10 weeks. Never a fun thing. Up until that point I wasn't really feeling the whole pregnancy thing. I didn't think our family was ready for a baby yet, so I was a little resentful of the whole thing. When the bleeding started my perspective completely changed. The first time we heard her heartbeat was at that emergency ultrasound. It's just amazing how instantaneous that love is.

Sarah said...

Whew! So glad that everything is okay. Isn't it AMAZING to see your little baby on the ultrasound?!