Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hello out there!

Hello? It's me! Yeah, Katy. I know, its been a long time. So caution as this post will have a lot of info in it they may or may not be boring to you all.

Alright, so I never posted about the activities Steve planned for our 2 year anniversary. We woke up that morning and while I was making Stuffed French Toast for us, Steve left somewhere. He came back with BEAUTIFUL roses!
I am one lucky lady.
We then got ready for the day and headed out to Gateway where we saw Twighlight.
I really liked it. I mean, it was pretty cheesy but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, and Steve seemed to enjoy it too. After the movie, Steve surprised me and we went to Build-a-Bear. We made a cute little dog that looks like our dog Tucker. Steve recorded a cute saying for it for me to keep forever. So adorable. After we drove to Syracuse and ate at our FAVORITE chinesse restaurant Dragon Hill and headed off to see Voicemale in concert in Ogden. It was such a fun day. I couldnt have imagined anything better.


So, the first REAL big snow storm of the winter was I think lets see...maybe 3 saturdays ago and me and Steve got the idea of making a Snowman. We got all suited up and tried and tried and failed. The snow just wouldnt stay packed together. This is the best we could do.

It's Frosty the Mini Snowman. Not our proudest moment. We are determined though to make one this year. So I hope we get more snow. Wow, did I just say that? I hate snow.. Lets just say I hope we get enough just to make a snowman then it can all stop and go away. Here are a few more picture of us playing in the snow.



Monday night we had some good friends/neighbors over for dinner and to make gingerbread houses. It was a lot of fun. Emily and Devan are a great couple and I think professional at this gingerbread making thing. If we had known maybe we would have at least practiced. Ours looked like a 3 year old made it. It was so much fun though.

Emily and Devan making their house


And their finished product


Me and Steve


And our finished product


We bought the gingerbread house kits from Costco. I definetly recomended that. It saved us money and had everything in the kit for s all for 10$. I think I will do that every year from now on.

Well, it's almost Christmas. I can't believe how quickly
it came and that it goes by just as quickly. Im excited for next year and the fun and new adventures it brings us. May you all have a fabulous Christmas!! I hope you are all blessed to get to spend it with your family, as I am.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

3 comments:

caitlin said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have been busy little bees. I love the ginger bread houses! I never think to do them, but now I want to! Well I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! We need to get together and ring in the New Year!

Jenny said...

I think your mini snowman is just adorable and I wish I had someone to bring me beautiful flowers! I'm jealous!

Emily said...

I looked for the kits everywhere! I'll have to buy mine early next year I guess. Looks like you've had a lot of fun! I also heard of a game you all played, Curses...I think I need to play that. It sounds too fun!