Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our Tree



I think my favorite part of Christmas is the Christmas Tree. I HATE puting it up every year, but I love seeing the end result. Luckily this is the 3rd year where I didn't have to put it up myself Steve did it, and he did a fabulous job I must say. Its too bad that its not acceptable to keep the tree up all year round. I say that for 2 reasons. 1 because its so pretty and 2 because its a pain in the but to put up and take down. Maybe one day society will see it necessary to keep it all year round.

Notice the presents under the tree? Yep, that's me being some what organized this year. And to think, I didnt have to go to one store for those presents. I bought them all from the comfort of my home. Yay for the internet!! We only have a few more gifts to buy and that is exciting news!!

As I decorate my house I keep thinking back on this time last year. We were living at my Mom's house waiting anxiously for our house to get finished, thinking about how fun our first Christmas would be here. It has been so much fun creating memories and new traditions and I can't wait for the years to come.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Your tree looks beautiful! Good job on your shopping! I started mine yesterday!

Rachel said...

Your tree does look good. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE putting up Christmas decorations!
Happy Christmas season!

Amber said...

Your tree is beautiful! It is such a great feeling to own your house and to be able to do what you want with it. And horray for the internet!

caitlin said...

We have a Santa hat on the top of ours too! I never got around to getting anything else, so I always just put the hat on. Love the tree, good job!

The Emery's said...

I love the tree! The hat on top is so cute! Good idea. And enjoy putting those gifts under the tree while you can. Cuz once you get kids they don't come out till Christmas Eve which doesn't look nearly as cute. Anyway, sorry I haven't commented for awhile. I've haven't been on here for a while! Love ya!

Michelle

Emily said...

Your tree looks great! I love to turn out the lights at night and just have the tree and fireplace lit. It's so cozy!